Directory management shell

Mitchell Wyle wyle at solaris.UUCP
Sat Feb 11 07:23:38 AEST 1989

In article <9623 at smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>In article <458 at uvabick.UUCP> matthew at uvabick.UUCP (Matthew D. Lewis) writes:
>>Is there such a thing as a directory management shell for a Unix system,
>>something along the lines of the DOS shells?  I have a directory (or two :-)
>Not being familiar with "DOS shells" I'm not sure what it is that

He meant (I assume) a *VISUAL* environement like Xdos or my menu-shell
for suns (msh) which lets you navigate through directory trees and
perform operations by pointing, selecting with a mouse (or function keys
in dos shells).  Unix is in the stone age as far as powerful directory
browsing utilities go.  -Mitch

-Mitchell F. Wyle                         wyle at ethz.uucp
Institut fuer Informationsysteme          wyle at inf.ethz.ch
ETH Zentrum / 8092 Zurich, Switzerland    +41 1 256 5237