Directory management shell

Matthew D. Lewis matthew at uvabick.UUCP
Tue Feb 7 23:47:54 AEST 1989

Hello!  I am a Unix novice, so perhaps the answer to this question is
well-known, but...

Is there such a thing as a directory management shell for a Unix system,
something along the lines of the DOS shells?  I have a directory (or two :-)
full of text files which I need to sort out.  Something that would help make
this process less tedious would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.  E-mail or posting welcome, summary if justified.

--
Matthew Lewis, University of Amsterdam		Grote Bickersstraat 72
31-20-52 51 220					1013 KS  Amsterdam