PC-NFS Printing

Anne F Holderried ANNIEH at pucc.Princeton.EDU
Thu Feb 16 08:02:40 AEST 1989

My apologies if I am posting to an inappropriate newsgroup, but this is my
first posting and I'm not sure where to post the following question.

I have installed a 22 node PC-NFS thin ethernet network; it is made up solely
of IBM XTs and uses a SUN 3/50 as a print server.  All features of the network
work fine with the exception of printing.

I am trying to print to an HP Laserjet II and haven't been successful in the
least.  Ocassionally, I may be able to get a very small ascii file to print
via NET PRINT but there is no consistency.  The worst nightmares are in trying
to print from within WordPerfect 4.2 - document formats are a disaster, if they
print at all!

I have looked in every direction (HP, WP, NFS) and tried every PC-NFS
configuration I can think of.

I have spoken to tech. support at SUN but they have been less than helpful.
Has anyone experience with PC-NFS that could possibly shed light on this
mess?  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...Anne