PC-NFS Printing

Jacob Gore gore at eecs.nwu.edu
Fri Feb 17 08:29:40 AEST 1989

/ comp.unix.questions / ANNIEH at pucc.Princeton.EDU (Anne F Holderried) / Feb 15, 1989 /
> I am trying to print [through PC-NFS] to an HP Laserjet II and haven't been
> successful in the least.  Ocassionally, I may be able to get a very small
> ascii file to print via NET PRINT but there is no consistency.  The worst
> nightmares are in trying to print from within WordPerfect 4.2 - document
> formats are a disaster, if they print at all!

This is the printcap we use for the same setup.  It works with WordPerfect
(5.0, at least).

hp-lj2-config|Any HP LaserJet II:\
        :sh:sf:\
	:fc#0000374:\
	:fs#0000003:\
	:xc#0:\
	:xs#0040040:\
	:mx#0:
laser3-config|HP LaserJet II:\
	:lp=/dev/ttyA5:\
        :br#9600:\
	:lf=/usr/spool/lp/laser3/error_log:\
	:sd=/usr/spool/lp/laser3/spool:\
	:tc=hp-lj2-config:
laser3-raw|Raw HP LaserJet II configuration suitable for PC-NFS:\
	:tc=laser3-config:

Jacob Gore				Gore at EECS.NWU.Edu
Northwestern Univ., EECS Dept.		{oddjob,gargoyle,att}!nucsrl!gore