PC-NFS and Non-Sun NFS Servers

Micky Liu m-liu at eastend.columbia.edu
Mon Feb 13 13:13:27 AEST 1989

I am planning to install Interactive's 386/ix NFS on a 386 box that I
have.  I was wondering if there are special versions of lockd, statd,
and pcnfsd needed to be run on the 386.  I have a Sun 3/140 running
SunOS 3.5 that needed to have its lockd and statd upgraded to use
SMI's PC-NFS Version 3.0.  What I need to know is if this is a PC-NFS
particular thing.  Obviously I will not be able to install the
binaries that came with PC-NFS V3.0 since I am not on a Sun...
Ideally I would like to be able to use SMI's PC-NFS with my
Interactive 386/ix NFS with the least amount of grief...

Thanx,

Micky Liu

  arpa: micky at cunixc.cc.columbia.edu
  uucp: ...!rutgers!columbia!eastend!m-liu
bitnet: malua at cuvmc