Convergent Technologies Mini- & MegaFrame

Petri Ojala k36851m at taltta.taltta.hut.FI
Mon Feb 20 08:50:57 AEST 1989

We just bought with couple of my friends friend an used Convergent
Megaframe computer.

The bunch includes two master cabinets which contain 2 Application
Processor Cards, 3 File Processor Cards, 1 Cluster Processor card, 1
Terminal Processor Card and 3 1M RAM cards and one 1.5M RAM expansion
board.  System Software includes CTOS running on 80186-based processor
cards and unix variant called CTIX (version 3.0 I think) running on
the AP.

However the system does NOT include the required card to combine these
two cabinets and to run CTIX as multiprocessor unix on both AP cards.
I wonder if there is anyone in the net who would know wherefrom such a
card could be purchased ?  Also the documentation talks about a card
called Tape Processor card - any information about that ?

Overall I would be interested to get in touch with ALL Mini- and
Megaframe users around world, also information on software and
hardware for these two Convergent machines would be appreciated.

---
Petri Ojala				ojala at hupu.hut.fi
Kauppalantie 48 B 12			...!mcvax!santra!hupu!ojala
00320 Helsinki				FINUHA::POJALA
Finland
Ojala at hupu.hut.fi