mail in xenix

Lin Chen lin at cdin-1.UUCP
Tue Feb 28 06:35:33 AEST 1989

Hi:
  I have some problems with mail on xenix and I hope some one could
give me some help:
  What I am trying to do is to keep a map of our customer machines and
build the /usr/lib/uucp/paths file by compiling that map using pathalias
so I can send mail to a remote customer site by saying "mail user at site"
without typing the whole route to that site. I now have the /usr/lib/uucp/paths
and smail ( which, by its manual page, will do exactly what I want ), but
what I got was, after saying "mail user at site", "No local user named user at site
". I also got the same thing when I reply to a news article in RN.
  Is any body out there kind enough to explain why and how I can make it
work in the way I wanted or refer me to some reading material on this matter ?
  I am running SCO xenix 2.3.1 on a 386 box.
  Please E-mail to me and any kind of help will be very much appreciated.

----
  Lin Chen				{uunet, bpa}!cdin-1!lin

CompuData Inc.,  Philadelphia  PA