Big Fun w/troff & Laserjets

Mat Waites mat at emcard.UUCP
Fri Jan 6 05:26:19 AEST 1989

In article <723 at titanic.UUCP> smacmcd at titanic.UUCP (Michael C. De Masi) writes:

>I figured I'd ask again one more time before giving
>up totally.  Can anybody out there point me towards
>the necessary software for using a Hewlett-Packard
>Laserjet II printer as an output device for troff?

We use eroff, a complete system with grap, pic, tbl, troff, nroff, etc.

It will work with laserjets and postscript printers.

It doesn't work with your troff at the original posting requests, however.
You get a version of troff with the eroff distribution. Supposedly their
troff, pic, etc. have fewer bugs than those supplied by hardware vendors.

Elan Computer Group
410 Cambridge Ave, Suite A
Palo Alto, CA 94306
(415) 322-2450

Their system is available for many Unix platforms. (also MS-DOS!)

Mat

--
W Mat Waites
gatech!emcard!mat