Mount Problems - NFS under Wisconson BSD4.3 on Vax 11/780 and uVax

P. Allen Jensen jensen at gt-eedsp.UUCP
Fri Jan 20 09:18:46 AEST 1989

In article <592 at gt-eedsp.UUCP>, jensen at gt-eedsp.UUCP (P. Allen Jensen) writes:
> We just installed the Wisconson BSD4.3+NFS release on the following
> systems:
        ........<deleted>.......
> Next we added the 11/780 (eedsp) system - things started to go wrong.
> The mount command would sometimes give  "Illegal Instruction (core dump)"
> for the NFS partitions, and sometimes it would work.  Changing the order
> in /etc/fstab and using "mount -avt nfs" would sometimes cause the
> partitions to all mount OK.  When booting, some NFS partitions get
> mounted, others dont. Example -
                        <deleted>

In addition, if I boot the uVax single user and source the /etc/rc file
with ". /etc/rc" mount/umount work fine after rc is done.  Could someone
clue me in on what could be happening after rc completes and before
the system gets all the way up into multiuser mode that could be
causing a problem ?

Thanks
--
P. Allen Jensen
Georgia Tech, School of Electrical Engineering, Atlanta, GA  30332-0250
INTERNET: jensen at gt-eedsp.gatech.edu