SunOS printing filters (BSD derived)

Henry Troup hwt at leibniz.uucp
Fri Jan 20 07:23:56 AEST 1989

I make an Apple LaserWriter work with lpr on a Sun.  I have a program
that translates ascii files to PostScript.

I tried to install it as the 'output filter' (printcap of=), and
it does get called, but it does not get presented with the data.
The man page for /etc/printcap is not very helpful.

How can I write a filter that gets the data?

Respond by email and I'll summarize.  I'll even post the filter
once it works.

utgpu!bnr-vpa!bnr-fos!hwt%bnr-public | BNR is not 	| All that evil requires
hwt at bnr (BITNET/NETNORTH) 	     | responsible for 	| is that good men do
(613) 765-2337 (Voice)		     | my opinions	| nothing.