Undesirable Mail

Tom Betz tbetz at spies.UUCP
Fri Jan 27 12:41:47 AEST 1989

|===============================

|Yes of course Paul. Here we go.  This is kind of long though.
|I have elimininated the names, because I do not like to disclose
|peoples' identities without their consent.  I hope it is OK.

[Excellent collection of solutions deleted.]

|My suggestion is to return one copy to the sender, and one to the
|postmaster at senders.site, without reading it (the first two or three with
|a polite note attached for the benefit of the postmaster).  ELM has a nice
|"F" feature or for just that sort of use....

|If the mail persists, try sending 10 copies (+/- however annoying the mail
|is) :-)

I'd like to use the more polite "auto-delete" technique... but rather
than basing it on the sender's ID, I'd want to delete messages with a
particular string in the Subject: field.

How may I set up Elm to do this?

--
  "One of these days the Hoover factory     |  Tom Betz       EAA#48267
    is gonna be all the rage in those       |  ZCNY, Yonkers, NY 10701-2509