Swap problems in xalloc

Guy Harris guy at auspex.UUCP
Sat Jan 28 16:07:28 AEST 1989

>sorry, pid xxxx was killed due to swap problems in xalloc: no swap space
>for text

>Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

"no swap space for text" means exactly what it says.

Allocate more swap space, or upgrade to SunOS 4.0 if you're not running
it already, since it uses swap space more efficiently (prior to 4.0,
SunOS used the 4.xBSD algorithm for allocating swap space, which can
chew up *big* contiguous hunks of swap space for big programs).