Printing on AT&T 447 using lp.

finkey dsf at ihuxz.ATT.COM
Tue Jan 17 07:28:36 AEST 1989

I have a 3B2/500 computer and I want to hang an AT&T 447 printer off
of it using the "lp" line printer spooling utilities supplied with
the computer.  The 447 is a high speed line printer (1000 lines/minute)
which stands about 4 feet tall and 4 feet wide.
I don't have a manual for the printer.

My attempts to print a file to the 447 line printer prints a
line of question marks "????????????????????????" and the paper does not
scroll even though the file I am sending it has multiple lines.

I would like to hear from anyone who has interfaced this type of printer
to any computer using "lp", or has a manual for the 447.

Please send email to the address below, or post a reply if the email
doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.

Dale Finkey
AT&T Bell Labs
Naperville, IL
IH 1B-316
312-979-2703
ihuxz!dsf
--
    NAME: Dale Finkey
LOCATION: AT&T Bell Labs, 2000 N. Naperville Rd., Naperville, IL., Room 1B-316