Is there any wordprocessor in unix

Jos Vos jos at idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl
Thu Jul 13 15:50:49 AEST 1989

In article <228 at psgdc> rg at psgdc.UUCP (Dick Gill) writes:

>We are dealers for the Unix version of Word Perfect; we have
>installations on NCR Towers, and have just begun to offer the
>product on the IBM-RT.

>.....  Of course, noone should expect that the Unix
>implementation will deliver the same responsiveness, color and
>graphics capabilities as Word Perfect on a PC; maybe in the
>future, but certainly not now!

Why not? The reason can't be that no fast UNIX workstations
with enough color-graphics capabilities exist...

And the reason can't certainly be that MS-DOS is just a better
OS than UNIX... :-)

Anyway, WP is one of the first succesfull PC packages that has made
the step to UNIX. Congratulations. Who follows?

--
-- ######   Jos Vos   ######   Internet   jos at idca.tds.philips.nl   ######
-- ######             ######   UUCP         ...!mcvax!philapd!jos   ######