What happened to 'tset'?

Adam Moskowitz adamm at necis.UUCP
Wed Jul 12 02:56:05 AEST 1989

(Another birthday gone by and old-timers disease has set in . . .)

Am I cracking up or has 'tset' disappeared from System V UNIX? If it has gone
away, has anything replaced it?

I need the option tset offered of querying me for my terminal type and/or
determining it by the route I was using to log in. I can hack the query part
in my .login, but how would I emulate the 'dialup|network|direct'
functionality? (I don't really want to do any work - I just want tset back).

Oh yeah, we're running System V Release 2 (yes, I know, it's old & crufty),
eventually to be System V Release 3.something.
--
Adam S. Moskowitz	            ...!(backbone)!{necntc,encore}!necis!adamm

      "The network is the network, the computer is the computer; sorry
          for all the confusion." -- (heard at Summer '89 USENIX)