What happened to 'tset'?

Gregory Kemnitz kemnitz at mitisft.Convergent.COM
Wed Jul 12 08:52:18 AEST 1989

In article <1087 at necis.UUCP> adamm at necis.UUCP (Adam Moskowitz) writes:
>(Another birthday gone by and old-timers disease has set in . . .)
>
>Am I cracking up or has 'tset' disappeared from System V UNIX? If it has gone
>away, has anything replaced it?
>
> [reason why he wanted tset deleted ]

tset never was a part of vanilla System V.  Tset, like ftp, sockets, select(),
etc, is a Berkeleyism (borrowed from 4.X BSD) which many **IX vendors have
ported to their System V compatible operating systems.  The number of
Berkeleyisms the vendor ports is up to them.  The closest thing to tset is
stty, but it is nowhere near as useful as tset.