EBCDIC Editor/viewer for unix.

Henry Troup hwt at bnr-public.uucp
Sat Jul 29 04:39:31 AEST 1989

In article <20394 at adm.BRL.MIL> peters at cc.msstate.edu (Frank W. Peters) writes:
>Hello,
>
>    We have occasion here to deal with binary files that contain EBCDIC rather
>than ASCII data in their text portions.  There are several editors and viewers
>out there that will display the ASCII portions of binary files.  Does anybody
>know of any similar editors for UNIX that would display EBCDIC in a similar way?
I have used a pipeline like:
	dd if=name conf=ascii | xd | more
but I too would be interested in a decent tool to view (even change) EBCDIC
files.
utgpu!bnr-vpa!bnr-fos!hwt%bnr-public | BNR is not 	| All that evil requires
hwt at bnr (BITNET/NETNORTH) 	     | responsible for 	| is that good men do
(613) 765-2337 (Voice)		     | my opinions	| nothing.