How to speed up uucp with Telebits(only getting 800 chars/sec )

Doug Urner dlu at wobble.uucp
Sat Jul 8 14:23:30 AEST 1989

In article <1160 at intercon.UUCP> amanda at intercon.uu.net (Amanda Walker) writes:
>In article <200038 at hrc.UUCP>, dan at hrc.UUCP (Dan Troxel) writes:
>> I feed several sites here in Arizona. Most of my sites get at least
>> 1100 chars/second. But there are 2 that are getting 800-900 chars/second.
>
>My guess is that the two sites in question are talking to their
>Telebits at 9600 baud instead of 19200 baud, thus causing a bottleneck
>on their end.  Either that or they're using T1000s, which only go up to
>9600.

Sadly that is not always the case.  The best I have been able to do between
wobble and uunet (both Trailblazer+'s and both running the link to the modem
at 19.2) is in the same range.  The B5.00 firmware doesn't make a difference
either.  I am able to get much better through put with local connections
and even down to the Bay Area, but to uunet better than 900 is a real
surprise.  Any thoughts?

Doug