How to speed up uucp with Telebits(only getting 800 chars/sec )

Marion Hakanson hakanson at mist.CS.ORST.EDU
Sat Jul 8 06:47:58 AEST 1989

In article <1160 at intercon.UUCP> amanda at intercon.uu.net (Amanda Walker) writes:
>. . .
>on their end.  Either that or they're using T1000s, which only go up to
>9600.
>
>--
>Amanda Walker
>InterCon Systems Corporation
>amanda at intercon.uu.net  |  ...!uunet!intercon!amanda

Don't sell the T1000 short -- they do go faster than 9600bps, even if
they can't match a Trailblazer+ or T2500.  The T1000 I use at home
claims 11680bps.  My measurements of file transfers (e.g. zmodem) show
a very noticeable speedup if I run the rs232 connection to the T1000
at 19200bps as compared to 9600bps.

Marion Hakanson         Domain: hakanson at cs.orst.edu
                        UUCP  : {hp-pcd,tektronix}!orstcs!hakanson