Is this a ksh bug?

david.w.dykstra dwd at cbnewsc.ATT.COM
Fri Jul 28 07:50:44 AEST 1989

>From article <1260 at cbnewsl.ATT.COM>, by raj at cbnewsl.ATT.COM (Richard A. Johnson):
 > In article <1925 at cbnewsc.ATT.COM>, levy at cbnewsc.ATT.COM (Daniel R. Levy) writes:
 >>
 >> I was one of the beta testers for the '88 ksh, and to the best of my memory,
 >> this bug is in the 11/16/88 ksh, but not in the 11/16/88a ksh or earlier '86
 >> ksh.

Yes, here's the line from RELEASEa:
	q.  If the name of the directory you are in contained a :,
	    a cd command to a relative pathname did always work correctly.
						   ^
					I assume 'not' goes here.

 > I was also a beta-tester and am now running ksh version 11/16/88a.
 > The bug does appear on my 3B2 running SVR3.1, and can be reproduced
 > as follows (in case there is still a question about what the bug is):
 >
 > 	$ CDPATH=/usr:/usr/raj
 > 	$ export CDPATH
 > 	$ cd /usr/raj
 > 	$ mkdir c:
 > 	$ cd c:
 > 	$ mkdir xyz
 > 	$ cd xyz
 > 	ksh: xyz:  not found
 > 	$
That's not a bug, that's a feature!  Your CDPATH does not include '.' so
cd will not search your current directory.

- Dave Dykstra
  ttrdf!dwd