WANTED: Info on Usenet software and a feed

Jonathan Sweedler cjosta at tasu77.UUCP
Wed Jul 19 16:44:03 AEST 1989

I currently work for a company with a Usenet access and have available all
of the advantages, such as mail and netnews.  But I will be leaving soon,
and I'm afraid I'm going to go through withdrawal if I can't get my
daily fix of netnews :-).

I have a PC running MS-DOS at home (in NY), and what I want to know is,
does this help me?  Can I get all of the Usenet/UUCP software that I
need and will somebody really want to give me a feed (I don't mean
specifically in my case - that's up to me to find out - but do
instititions do this in general for private individuals?).  I'm an
advanced Unix USER but I'm afraid that I know next to nothing about the
administration side of what goes on.  I basically need a shove in the
right direction.  Maybe there are some books I can read?  Anything.  I
vaguely recall hearing about a software package called UUPC.  Will this
help me?  Where can I get it from?

I'm thinking of buying a Unix box in the future, so this might make things
easier, but for right now I just have the PC and I want to know what I can
do to remain "electronically connected" to the world.  Thanks in advance
for any help.

Jonathan Sweedler  ===  National Semiconductor Israel
UUCP:    ...!{amdahl,hplabs,decwrl}!nsc!taux01!cjosta
Domain:  cjosta at taux01.nsc.com