man page organization (-more-)

Henry Troup hwt at bnr-public.uucp
Wed Jul 19 00:18:38 AEST 1989

In article <1070 at hydra.gatech.EDU> rh26 at prism.gatech.EDU (Howard,Robert L)
writes:
>What are the manl and mann directories under /usr/man for?  (I understand
>the structure of the man[1-8] directories)  The system under consideration
>is a Sun 386i running SunOS 4.0.1.

Entries in manl must be .l, not .1 ('dot-ell', not 'dot-one').  This is
an oddity and hard to make out with some character sets.

I'd assume that mann requires .n.
utgpu!bnr-vpa!bnr-fos!hwt%bnr-public | BNR is not 	| All that evil requires
hwt at bnr (BITNET/NETNORTH) 	     | responsible for 	| is that good men do
(613) 765-2337 (Voice)		     | my opinions	| nothing.