Sharing an Apple Printer

Henry Melton henry at hutto.UUCP
Fri Jul 7 12:51:17 AEST 1989

I have a Appletalk printer connected to a MicroVaxII via Alisaprint
and a kinetics box.  This gives good service both as a spooler for the
Mac users and as a postscript printer for the VMS users.  I now would
like to add this printing service for a Sun 3 that is connected via
TCP/IP.  Has anyone done this before?  I have been toying with the idea
of a unix print task that bundles the file up, ftp's it over to the vax
where another automatic task is looking to print anything that shows up
on its doorstep.  This would work, but it seems like there ought to be
an easier way.  Any suggestions?

--
Henry Melton ...!cs.utexas.edu!ut-emx!hutto!henry
1-512-8463241 Rt.1 Box 274E Hutto,TX 78634