Is this a ksh bug?

Tom Barrett tjb at Apple.COM
Fri Jul 21 09:25:47 AEST 1989

In article <554 at tijc02.UUCP> djm408 at tijc02.UUCP (David Marks         ) writes:
>Has anybody seen the following behavior in ksh?
>
>you should get: "ksh: xyz not found"

I am not sure what you mean by "you should get" here -- I get no message.

>However, if you type cd ../c:/xyz you will have your current directory set to
>/usr/me/c:/xyz with no complaints. (".." appears to mean TWO directories up
>in this case!)
>
>Now with your current directory set to /usr/me/c:/xyz type "cd ..".
>Your new current directory is /usr/me! It moved you up TWO directories!
>
>Is this a bug? Or am I missing something in the way ksh deals with CDPATH?
>
>This doesn't happen on our older ksh which was the version of 2/21/85.

No problem on a Mac II running A/UX.  Our ksh is the 06/03/86a version.
BTW, I also tried using a blank CDPATH -- same result.
-
Tom Barrett  (408) 974-3364
Apple Computer MS 58B 10440 Bubb Road, Cupertino CA 95014
{amdahl,decwrl,hplabs,sun,voder,nsc,mtxinu,dual,unisoft}!apple!tjb
	OR tjb at apple.com