help with assembler

Gregory S. Baber gregb at dowjone.UUCP
Wed Jul 19 23:20:45 AEST 1989

Hello, I need to write some assembler routines that I'd like to call from
C, and I've never done this before. Does anyone have some skeleton code that
they can send to me? I need to do this on a Sun 3-50 running SunOS 3.5.

I'm especially interested in how variables are called and returned, what
registers are used, what address is used to return to the calling program,
etc. And any little tidbits about the vagaries of the Sun compilers/
assemblers/linkers is welcome.

Thanks,  gregb

--
Reply to: Gregory S. Baber		Voice:	(609) 520-5077
   Dow Jones & Co., Inc.		UUCP:	..princeton!dowjone!gregb