a word-processor for UNIX

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Wed Jul 26 01:18:49 AEST 1989

In article <1552 at garcon.cso.uiuc.edu> mcclaren at herodotus.cs.uiuc.edu.UUCP (Tim McClarren) writes:
>I dunno...maybe I read too much popular lit./media, but I've not seen a
>whole lot of "This book written under vi, and typeset with LaTeX/*roff on
>Bob & Jim's UNIX(c) box."

Not everybody feels the need to announce how they produced their book,
but I do have a significant number of books whose publication information
page includes a declaration that they were prepared using troff, etc. on
UNIX with e.g. an APS-5 phototypesetter.  Nobody in the UNIX world is
likely to mention what text editor they used in preparing the book.