SUMMARY: Wangtec streaming tape and Interactive Unix

Brian Litzinger brian at apt.UUCP
Sun Jul 2 13:02:36 AEST 1989

Thanks to all who responded to my question regarding the Wangtek
streaming tape drive and Interactive Unix on the 386.

> I have a 25Mhz 386 system running Interactive 386/ix Unix.
> I recently installed a Wangtec QIC-36 controller and tape
> unit.  I also installed the wangtec driver that came with
> my Interactive Unix system.
>
> Basically it seems to being going back and forth, back and forth
> advancing just a little bit each forth.

The problem was the IRQ set on the Wangtec driver board was
different from the IRQ the Unix driver was configured for.

A simply change of the IRQ jumper on the Wangtec driver board,
and the streaming tape was as fast as ever.

<>  Brian Litzinger @ APT Technology Inc., San Jose, CA
<>  UUCP:  {apple,sun,pyramid}!daver!apt!brian    brian at apt.UUCP
<>  VOICE: 408 370 9077      FAX: 408 370 9291