strange errors in LOGFILE

barton barton at holston.UUCP
Sun Jul 16 08:52:08 AEST 1989

When connecting with a local system for news/mail exchange,
strange errors appear in the logfile on our system, they
include BAD READ (expected '), CAUGHT (SIGNAL 1), and less
frequently LOST LINE.

Our documentaton is scant to say the least and no help at all.
We're running SCO 2.2, the modem on my end is a hayes compatable
2400 (Packard Bell Cheapie).

Is it the modem's incompatability or are our uucico's not talking
the same language? Any other suggestions, thoughts comments?
All appreciated.

--
Barton A. Fisk          | UUCP: {attctc,texbell,vector}!warble!holston!barton
PO Box 1781             | DOMAIN: barton at holston