uucp

Elliot Howard ehoward at oracle.uucp
Tue Mar 7 15:53:55 AEST 1989

Do any of you wizards out there know how the interaction between
cu and uugetty works in SYS V version 3.2? Specifically, on the AT&T 6386?
I am trying to write my own software that can co-exist with cu and I want
to call out of a port with a uugetty hanging on it.

I know cu and uugetty create a lock file (/usr/spool/lock/LCK..tty* on the
6386) to keep other processes from using an assigned port. I am also doing
this, and yet uugetty persists in trying to read and write the tty port at
the same time I am, causing random characters to go to each process
(uugetty does not create the lock file until it thinks a user has finished
logging on).

So, if anybody out there has access to SYS V source code, I would be
eternally grateful if they would tell me what else I must do to be
compatible with uucp.

			Thanks,
			Elliot Howard