uucp

Roland Wilcher raw at ushiva.UUCP
Wed Mar 8 14:41:35 AEST 1989

In article <754 at oracle.oracle.com> ehoward at oracle.UUCP (Elliot Howard) writes:
>I know cu and uugetty create a lock file (/usr/spool/lock/LCK..tty* on the
>6386) to keep other processes from using an assigned port. I am also doing
>this, and yet uugetty persists in trying to read and write the tty port at
>the same time I am, causing random characters to go to each process

On the 6386 I worked on , uugetty would only create output if it
first received input from the line. I used modem control for uugetty
ala `u0:3:respawn:/usr/lib/uucp/uugetty -r ttyM01 2400` in inittab and
turned off echoing from the modem. I could use the pcomm program while uugetty
was on the line. This was for V 3.1 though .

---
"If aint broke, don't fix it"                        raw at neologic%hal.crwu.edu
-Bert lance                                              raw at ushiva.ncoast.org
                                                             Roland A. Wilcher