termcap description

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.MASA.COM
Fri Mar 10 00:58:48 AEST 1989

In article <1471 at umbio.MIAMI.EDU> jhom at umbio.MIAMI.EDU writes:
>in article <1571 at amelia.nas.nasa.gov>, samlb at pioneer.arc.nasa.gov says:
>> 	RTFM 'man 5 termcap'
>
>Is that "Read The Fine Manual" ;-) No kidding? I'm sorry if that's what
>you thought what I asked for. What I needed was a technical description
>of each entry and all the "acronyms" in there -- I know _what_ the
>termcap is.

That's exactly what TERMCAP(5) (or TERMCAP(M) for SCO fans) describes!

Under the "Capabilities" sub head there is a 3 page table describing
each mnemonic, its type (int, bool, string) and a one line description.
Following that is at least 10 more pages, of detail about termcap
construction and specific implementation of several of the more
esoteric capabilities.  (I guess RTFM was the correct answer, huh? :-)).

--
Dave Hammond
daveh at marob.masa.com