X Terminals for Sun hosts over dial up phone lines

Mike Hoegeman mh at wlbr.EATON.COM
Sun Mar 5 09:31:34 AEST 1989

In article <16174 at mimsy.UUCP> alberto at tove.umd.edu.UUCP (Jose Alberto Fernandez R) writes:
> The Idea of use POSTSCRIPT as the comunication Protocol is not a bad one.
> Actually, there is not a tool as this for NeWS?, must be very easy to

I think bruce schwartz made something like this for NeWS. check out the
SEX tape (sun user group software exchange tape) or the NeWS stuff
on tumtum.umd.edu

> implement. I like the ideas of NeWS very much (was my first window
> system), but the speed of the server make me change to X. I can't wait
> forever and ever each time I move a window.

I've found the Performance of NeWS to be just fine. What does "waiting forever
and ever to paint, each time i move a window mean ?" sounds to me like you're
not doing something right.