X Terminals for Sun hosts over dial up phone lines

Jose Alberto Fernandez R alberto at tove.umd.edu
Thu Mar 2 11:10:47 AEST 1989

 The Idea of use POSTSCRIPT as the comunication Protocol is not a bad one.
 Actually, there is not a tool as this for NeWS?, must be very easy to
 implement. I like the ideas of NeWS very much (was my first window
 system), but the speed of the server make me change to X. I can't wait
 forever and ever each time I move a window.

 A tool as this GRAPHON terminal that you are talking about is more or less
 the type of things I am looking for. There is not a tool such as this but
 in software? (For PCs, etc) There are many students (like me) that would
 like to use something like that from home and can't afford a sophisticated
 hardware. Some ideas Xhackers?

	-- Jose Alberto.

 /       \ Jose Alberto Fernandez R | INTERNET: alberto at tove.umd.edu
 | o   o | Dept. of Computer Sc.    |