vi-like editor for the IBM PC

Wolf Paul wnp at killer.DALLAS.TX.US
Wed Mar 1 23:08:58 AEST 1989

In article <4872 at sfsup.UUCP> saal@/doc/dsg/saalUUCP (xt1124-+Saal S.) writes:
>+run on your PC.  It is claimed to be the "best UNIX(R) edito ...
>
>How does this vi deal with the ".exrc" file?
>I assume there is a variable you can set somewhere
>that sets the name?

It uses $HOME/ex.rc, as well EXINIT env. variable. So you can say
something like "so virc" in your EXINIT, if you don't want to use
the ex.rc file.

And I agree that it is a pretty good vi editor -- use it all the time!

Wolf
UUCP:   killer!wnp                    ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN: wnp at killer.dallas.tx.us       TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD