termcap description

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Fri Mar 10 03:05:34 AEST 1989

In article <1471 at umbio.MIAMI.EDU> jhom at umbio.MIAMI.EDU (Joe Homrighausen) writes:
-in article <1571 at amelia.nas.nasa.gov>, samlb at pioneer.arc.nasa.gov (Sam Bassett RCD) says:
-> 	RTFM 'man 5 termcap'
-Is that "Read The Fine Manual" ;-) No kidding? I'm sorry if that's what
-you thought what I asked for. What I needed was a technical description
-of each entry and all the "acronyms" in there -- I know _what_ the
-termcap is.

Jeezus, you turkey -- everyone tells you where to find the information
and you refuse to look?

UNIX Reference Manual section 5 applies to BSD-based systems; System V
would call that Manual section 4.  Except, if you have a recent release
of UNIX System V you probably don't have a description of the obsolete
termcap facility.  Instead, look under "terminfo", which gives the
termcap equivalents.