Xmodem/Ymodem -> Uniterm (Sun -> Atari ST) Problem

Charles S. [Chip] Roberson csrobe at icase.edu
Fri Mar 17 04:58:00 AEST 1989

Has anyone had any success downloading from a Sun 3/180 SunOS 3.2
using the BSD version of xmodem (v3.6) using the ymodem batch
protocol?  I am using Simon Poole's Uniterm (v2.0e) on an Atari
1040ST, and it *ALWAYS* craps out on the second file in either 128b
or 1Kb packet size.  [Update:  it also bombed on patch.arc as the
first file -- it happens to be the largest file.]

Here is copy of my xmodem.log:

++++++++  Sun Mar 12 13:55:22 1989
XMODEM Version 3.6
Command line: xmodem sbyd newsdisk.arc patch.arc quick_db.arc sbase.arc spell.arc sttarsrc.arc texshel2.arc uucico.arc
Line speed = 2400 bits per second
YMODEM Batch Send Started in binary mode
----
XMODEM Send Function
File Name: newsdisk.arc
File Size 32K, 255 Records, 32512 Bytes
Estimated transmission time 2 minutes 32 seconds
CRC mode requested
Send Complete
254 Sectors Transfered in 2 minutes 37 seconds
Transfer Rate = 207 Characters per Second
----
XMODEM Send Function
File Name: patch.arc
File Size 89K, 712 Records, 91023 Bytes
Estimated transmission time 7 minutes 2 seconds
CRC mode requested
NAK on sector 8
NAK on sector 8
Non-ACK on sector 9
NAK on sector 9
Non-ACK on sector 10
NAK on sector 10
Non-ACK on sector 11
NAK on sector 11
NAK on sector 11
Non-ACK on sector 12
NAK on sector 12
NAK on sector 12
NAK on sector 12
NAK on sector 12
NAK on sector 12
NAK on sector 12
NAK on sector 12
NAK on sector 12
NAK on sector 12
XMODEM Fatal Error:  Too many errors in transmission

I have the following set-up in the Uniterm File Transfer Dialog Box:

	Timeout after:		10 sec
	Max # of errors:	10
	Accept Ascii NULL:	YES
	Packet size:		1024
	Error check:		CRC

Has anybody had success with ymodem in this version of xmodem?  I
don't know whether to suspect the Sun side or the Atari side.

Any clues?
-c

PS: Please respond directly to me, as I no longer subscribe to these lists.

|Chip Roberson                ARPANET:  csrobe at cs.wm.edu                  |
|Dept of Comp. Sci.                     csrobe at icase.edu                  |
|College of William and Mary  BITNET:   #csrobe at wmmvs.bitnet              |
|Williamsburg, VA 23185       UUCP:     ...!uunet!pyrdc!gmu90x!wmcs!csrobe|

     "It takes 40 dumb animals to make a fur coat,
         and just one dumb animal to wear it."      -European TV commercial