UNIX accounting

Mott Given ntm1169 at dsacg1.UUCP
Fri Mar 17 05:44:52 AEST 1989

 I am modelling a UNIFY database application running on a BSD UNIX system.
 To model the application, I am using acctcom to select records to calculate
 CPU and I/O consumption for a selected hour.  I am having difficulty
 allocating the I/O for the application across the disk devices, as the
 accounting statistics do not give I/O's per disk volume.  Is there any way
 that I could more accurately allocate the I/O activity by knowing where the
 source code for the process with a given name is, etc?

Mott Given @ Defense Logistics Agency ,DSAC-TMP, Bldg. 27-1, P.O. Box 1605,
	    Systems Automation Center, Columbus, OH 43216-5002
UUCP:  mgiven%dsacg1.uucp at daitc.arpa              I speak for myself
Phone:       614-238-9431     AUTOVON: 850-9431