Cache controllers, can Xenix use them? -- Xenix yes others no

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Tue Mar 14 04:07:21 AEST 1989

In article <1581 at eneevax.UUCP> jsrobin at eneevax.eng.umd.edu (John S. Robinson) writes:
[ about SCO using cache, V.3 "programming around" it ]

| 	Unfortunately, the benchmarking method was not done in a way
| 	that would eliminate other variables such as efficiency of the
| 	compilers used by the different systems.

  The way to try this would be to compile a program on V/386 and Xenix,
and run both executables on both machines. They claim that works, right?
This would provide some insight into the situation.

  If I had to bet, I'd say that there's not going to be a difference
other than the compiler performance.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)