Future at Berzerkeley

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Fri Mar 31 03:23:16 AEST 1989

In article <4814 at macom1.UUCP> larry at macom1.UUCP (Larry Taborek) writes:
>My question is, since Berkeley has been paying licsence fees to
>AT&T for portions of their code, will AT&T pay Berkeley for
>portions of their code included in SVR4?  If not, then will AT&T
>price SVR4 so that users are not paying for portions of code that
>AT&T did not buy or develop?

I'm sure that AT&T's lawyers have made the necessary contractural
arrangements with all providers of software that AT&T will be
distributing.  I'm also sure that they're not going to disclose
the details of any such arrangement just because you're curious
about it.  The pricing for SVR4 has not yet been announced.

The implied accusation of theft that lies behind your questions
is, to the best of my knowledge (and I do have some inside
knowledge) unfounded and demands an apology.