ESIX

D'Arcy Cain darcy at bbm.UUCP
Sat Nov 11 17:31:02 AEST 1989

In article <2559B869.26977 at maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca> rho at maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Raymond Ho) writes:
>Hi everyone,
>	Development Tools
The old ads used to say ANSI C compiler but what you get is plain pcc.  I
think they fixed the ads.  It's as complete as you get, (awk, nawk, lex,
cc make etc.

>	Xwindow 11.?? ( forgot what exactly how they said it )
They have X-windows 11.3.01.  The documentation is on disk.>
>	TCP/IP
Yup

>	multi-user license (up to 32 users)
I'm not sure but I thought it was unlimited users.

>also some reports claim that ESIX is the fastest Unix Sys V available for pcs.
I'm not sure that is true but Everex certainly has about the fastest 386
machines (in respective classes).

>	Do you know anything about this ESIX? They said it is compatible at
>binary level with Xenix and Unix, is it true?
Haven't had a chance to test this but they do supply Xenix file system
support and they do claim Xenix compatibility but they do list a few
areas where programs might have to be modified.

My experience is actually with release B which they called ENIX.  I
understand that they are currently shipping release C.

I have seen some messages decrying their support but so far I have had
no problem.  I generally get a callback the same day.

D'Arcy J.M. Cain
(darcy@{druid,bbm})