ESIX

Kaleb Keithley kaleb at mars.jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Nov 11 03:01:38 AEST 1989

In article <2559B869.26977 at maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca> rho at maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Raymond Ho) writes:
>	I've heard of the one called "ESIX". Its price interests me very much.
>From the ads, $895 US includes:
>	OS System V 3.2 (they said it is an enhanced version of AT&T Sys V 3.2)
>	Development Tools
>	Xwindow 11.?? ( forgot what exactly how they said it )
>	TCP/IP
>	multi-user license (up to 32 users)
>also some reports claim that ESIX is the fastest Unix Sys V available for pcs.
>
>	Do you know anything about this ESIX? They said it is compatible at
>binary level with Xenix and Unix, is it true?

I just saw ESIX yesterday.  It's $595 for a two user version.  Price includes
C compiler, X11R3 (EGA, VGA, and Hercules.  (Hercules untested)).  TCP/IP
available for more money.  They claim binary compatibility with XENIX; I'm not
sure what, if anything, could be binary compatible with UNIX, unless you mean
AT&Ts' UNIX/386.  Their rep said it was based on AT&Ts' UNIX/386.  Can't
really say anything about its relative speed.

Benson, you are so mercifully devoid of the ravages of intelligence.
kaleb at mars.jpl.nasa.gov             (818)354-8771
Kaleb Keithley