Using ftp non-interactively

Ellen F Quaadgras equaad at athena.mit.edu
Fri Nov 17 04:59:03 AEST 1989

I am trying to find a way to invoke ftp on the command line, as in the
following:

	ftp "somewhere" "accountname" "password" "command"

where command could be anything from "ls" to "get file".

I've tried piping the necessary information into ftp but it gets stuck
on the password. I'm working with MS-DOS on an IBM AT. If anybody has
an idea about how to do this, or knows of a program already written, I
would be thrilled to hear from you. Please email, and I can post any
results to the net later. Thank you!!!!

		--Ellen