vi editor enhancement request

Bill Vermillion bill at bilver.UUCP
Mon Nov 20 03:06:45 AEST 1989

In article <1634 at novavax.UUCP> rwright at novavax.UUCP (Ronald K. Wright) writes:
>wali at tron.UUCP (Saleem Wali) writes:
>> .... utility which allows "vi" to display ....at the top of the screen.

>Such is available on the ATT 3B1 when using an ATT610 terminal.
>Likewise, in Tandy Xenix using the ATT610.  I have no idea what
>drives it, but when you are in insert, a small ins appear on the
>bottom of the 610's screen.  Thus there is a signal about insert.
>
>No other terminal machine which I have used seems to have it.

Many terminals that have a "status" line available do it in the Xenix's I use.
Don't recall if it does it on the Unix ones, don't have one available right
now to test, but I seem to remember it works the same.

On a Wsye 60 (for example) anytime I am inserting an INS appears on the top of
the screen when it is in extended format mode.  Standard mode gives time of
day but no INS.

--
Bill Vermillion - UUCP: {uiucuxc,hoptoad,petsd}!peora!tarpit!bilver!bill
                      : bill at bilver.UUCP