source host when telnetted to

Mark A. Hampson mhampson at wpi.wpi.edu
Sun Nov 19 13:48:11 AEST 1989

Under BSD 4.3 the who program will return the host that you are
logged in from.  Here is an example:

mhampson pty/pttyp2 (some info)  (higgins2) <--- this is the host that I
                                                 telnetted from in order
                                                 to log into the current
                                                 host.

Is there similar information available under system V from ANY standard
utility program?  If not, is there a way to interogate the process to
find out where it came from via the C libs?

Continuity is great until you find that it has holes in it.

thanks in advance.

--
|      We are not in an energy crisis, we are having an entropy crisis...    |
                  Mark A. Hampson  --  mhampson at wpi.wpi.edu