Pass environment through rlogin

David Elliott dce at smsc.sony.com
Wed Nov 22 08:55:56 AEST 1989

In article <14137 at boulder.Colorado.EDU> skwu at boulder.Colorado.EDU (WU SHI-KUEI) writes:
>Once more already yet again, Jonathan is wroooong!!!  System V (and even
>never made available Release 4 before it) 'login' allows setting
>environmental variables on the command line.

I'm confused.  Are we talking about the same thing?  I don't even
see 'login' mentioned in Jonathon's article.

Maybe you could explain how having a version of login that allows
setting of environment variables on the command line relates to
the problem with rlogin not passing them.

Maybe the real moral is that the world is not all System V?

--
David Elliott
dce at smsc.sony.com | ...!{uunet,mips}!sonyusa!dce