mailer capacity

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.com
Tue Oct 31 12:39:17 AEST 1989

According to 6600pete at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu:
>Does anybody have any guidelines for the maximum size it is reasonable
>to expect the smallest-capacity mailer out there to have?

A brain-dead mailer on a 16-bit machine could conceivably choke on messages
with a total size of 32K or greater.  Allowing for headers and other cruft,
I'd limit each mail message to 28K or so.
--
You may redistribute this article only to those who may freely do likewise.
Chip Salzenberg at A T Engineering;  <chip at ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>