Mutliple telnets?

jim frost madd at world.std.com
Fri Oct 27 02:40:08 AEST 1989

In article <9869 at attctc.Dallas.TX.US> tony at attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Tony Holden) writes:
|Is it possible to have multiple telnet sessions running on a
|workstation?
|
|We have 3 CCI machines and I want to piece together a system that will
|let me use telnet to monitor all three from my desk.
|
|Any ideas?

Sure.  There are a couple of text-windowing programs out there which
will work fine.  Probably the simplest thing to do is to use the GNU
emacs M-x telnet to each host and split the screen amongst them.  This
isn't optimal but it does work, especially if you only want to monitor
the systems and not use them.

(I know people who use emacs as a shell....)

jim frost
software tool & die     "The World" Public Access Unix for the '90s
madd at std.com            +1 617-739-WRLD  24hrs {3,12,24}00bps