modem programs for Unix

Jean-Pierre Radley jpr at dasys1.UUCP
Mon Oct 30 10:11:09 AEST 1989

In article <KARL.89Oct21170323 at cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu> karl at cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu (Karl Kleinpaste) writes:
>There are copies of a utility called xcomm, plus a later, much more
>enhanced version of the same concept called xcmalt, available via anon
>ftp to tut.cis.ohio-state.edu in pub/xcomm.
>                                           Once upon a time, I also
>built it under HP-UX, but that was several releases of HP-UX ago, and
>I don't know if it would still build there.
>They're also accessible via uucp to osu-cis; request
>	osu-cis!~/xcomm/xcomm.tar.Z
>	osu-cis!~/xcomm/xcmalt.tar.Z

Karl, what version of xcmalt do you have there? If it isn't
2.0, from August of 1989, please let me know and I will send
it to you.

This is the version which I posted to Compuserve's Tangent Forum,
LIBrary 5.

A few weeks ago, an HP-UX user wrote me that he made one change
in the makefile (changed -ltermcap to -lcurses), and was then
amazed that the age of portable code had really arrived.

Jean-Pierre Radley					      jpr at jpradley.uucp
New York, NY					      72160.1341 at compuserve.com