low-cost workstations

Ranjan Bagchi bagchi at zippy.eecs.umich.edu
Fri Oct 20 14:58:09 AEST 1989

I am realizing that within the next year I will be in the market for a low-cost
workstation running unix.  By low-cost, I mean $5,000-$10,000.  Essentially,
what am I looking at?  I'd like something with a math co-processor, and
some form of graphic interface.

In addition, where do I go to purchase these things?  Yellow Pages?

|  I am not Elvis. But one      |\           /|Ranjan K. Bagchi                |
|  of you might be.  If so,     | \         / |bagchi at sparky.eecs.umich.edu    |
|  or if a loved one is, or     |  >-------<  |Ranjan_Bagchi at ub.cc.umich.edu   |
|  even has heard of the where- | /         \ +--------------------------------+
|  abouts of the King, please   |/           \| "I'd like four fried chickens  |
|  call the Elvis Presley       +-------------+  and a Coke.                   |
|  Lookout for the '90s line.  (313)764-0628  |       -The Blues Brothers      |