Console Redirection

Gregory N. Bond gnb at bby.oz
Mon Oct 2 18:26:36 AEST 1989

In article <1989Sep28.203238.5916 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
		garyf at mehlville.ncsa.uiuc.EDU (Gary Faulkner) writes:

   I heard that berkeley has developed a program which redirects ALL
   output which would go to the console to a file.  Has anyone heard
   of that, and/or does anyone know where I might get the source?

I wrote a little hack to do this on our Sun server.  As long as your
tty driver has a TIOCCONS become-the-console ioctl, and ptys, then it
should work.  It is in the sunspots archive, under the name
consolelog.shar (I think) on titan.rice.edu.  If there is interest, I
can post it to comp.sources.unix etc.  I'd rather not mail hundreds of
copies across the pacific, however....

Greg.

--
Gregory Bond, Burdett Buckeridge & Young Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Internet: gnb at melba.bby.oz.au    non-MX: gnb%melba.bby.oz at uunet.uu.net
Uucp: {uunet,pyramid,ubc-cs,ukc,mcvax,prlb2,nttlab...}!munnari!melba.bby.oz!gnb